Keeping everyone safe
Skills & Learning Adult Community Education continues to follow public health advice, Government and DfE guidance and the arrangements of BCP and Dorset Council.
There is no longer a legal requirement for people with coronavirus (COVID-19) infection to self-isolate, however if you have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19 or a positive test result, the public health advice is to stay at home and avoid contact with other people. This means that we ask you not to come to any of our learning centres if you test positive for or display any symptoms of COVID-19.
COVID-19 remains a risk in England, and even if you are fully vaccinated, there is still a risk you could catch or pass on the virus.
All of us can play our part by understanding the situations where risks of COVID-19 infection and transmission are likely to be higher, and taking action to reduce these risks.
These are some of the steps you can take to protect yourself and others around you:
- Get vaccinated
- Get tested if you have symptoms and self-isolate if you test positive
- Meeting outdoors is safer, but let fresh air in if you meet indoors
- Wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces
- Take a lateral flow test before meeting others, particularly if they’re at higher risk from the virus
- Wash your hands regularly and cover coughs and sneezes
What are we doing?
- We no longer require the wearing of face coverings in classrooms although we encourage staff and learners to wear a face covering where they would prefer.
- We encourage the continued wearing of face coverings in the public areas of our learning centres.
- The Councils and Skills & Learning are supporting the vaccination programme.
- Our learner behaviour policy safeguards learners against coercion, extreme views, and misinformation. We will respond to harassment or bullying about vaccinations or safety measures accordingly.
- Continuing with an enhanced cleaning regime and ensuring venues are ventilated as much as possible.
What should you do?
- Please do not attend any of our learning centres if you have a positive LFD or PCR result or if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Follow the Public Health England guidelines on recommended isolation periods and testing if you display any COVID-19 symptoms or test positive.
- Preferably, continue to wear face coverings in the public areas of our learning centres.
- If you have access to them, continue to undertake twice weekly Lateral Flow Device (LFD) testing, ideally including on the day you are due to attend one of our learning centres.
- Fact check information from others against reliable and valid sources. We are aware that some extremist groups are using anti-vaccination propaganda to try and radicalise others.
We will continue to monitor the national, local and DfE guidance closely.