6 x 2 hour or 4 x 3 hour sessions
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. Through a blend of 6 x 2 hour or 4 x 3 hour instructor-led live (face to face or online) sessions and self-learning activities, this practical skills and awareness course is designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect a person’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
MHFA England training won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.