An informal and fun short course where you will have a go at using your device through a variety of activities with a Tutor available to support you. The focus is on having fun, exploring new techniques and just having a go.
Activities will be varied but may include:
- Introduction to tablets and smartphones. The difference between a smart phone and tablet.
- How to interact with and use a touch screen device.
- Charging, turning on/off, putting to sleep/waking and initial setup for the first time.
- Adding, removing, grouping icons into folders.
- Changing your ‘settings’ and dealing with notifications.
- Using the camera to take pictures and movies and how to share them with friends and family. 10. How to use email on an Android tablet.
How to use the World Wide Web on an Android tablet.
All our courses are made up of elements of speaking & listening, reading and writing, and you will work using these elements throughout the course.
Some of the skills you gain on this course could help increase your opportunities for employment or working within the community. Learning takes place in a friendly classroom setting, which is a great place for social interaction and helping you meet new people.
Practice at home and completion of homework is advisable to enhance your learning experience.
This course is subsidised by Government funding so you should aim to attend the whole course.