During this course you will receive both group and individual support in order to help you learn more about Sewing Machine Skills.
This course follows on from Step 1 (or equivalent) and will help you maintain the skills and knowledge you have already whilst also introducing some new elements and activities.
Topics that may be covered include:
- Operate and maintain a sewing machine safely
- Use pressing techniques to achieve a quality finish to sewn items
- Use a greater variety of the machine stitches
- Use a greater variety of presser feet
- Shape a flat piece of fabric in a variety of ways to create three dimensions
- Find additional ways to determine stitching position
- Make a sewn craft item following instructions in the style of commercial patterns
- Choose a greater range of fabrics suitable for beginner projects
There will be opportunity to choose a practical project to be completed from the selection offered by the tutor. Projects are chosen to give you the chance to put into practice the skills and knowledge that you will be taught during this course.
You will have the option to adapt choices made to suit your ability and any opportunity you may have to carry out additional work on your project.
This course can help you to cut your costs and by recycling and renewing, make the most of your existing wardrobe and furnishings making a contribution to a greener environment and helping you financially.
All our courses are made up of elements of speaking & listening, reading and writing, and you will work using these elements throughout the course.
There will be an opportunity to choose a practical project to be completed from the selection offered by the tutor. Projects are chosen to give you the chance to put into practice the skills and knowledge that you will be taught during the course.
This course offers an avenue for creative pursuits, improving your health and wellbeing.
Learning takes place in a friendly classroom setting, which is a great place for social interaction and helping you meet new people.
This course is subsidised by Government funding so you should aim to attend the whole course.