This is a distance learning qualification course where you will use textbooks and complete assessment activity electronically. You will be supported by a tutor who will provide feedback (electronically) on your progress and will suggest other learning activities to help you develop the knowledge and understanding you require to successfully complete the qualification.
The textbooks provided have been developed to provide the information you need to develop your knowledge and understanding to meet a specific range of learning outcomes. These outcomes are also mapped to National Occupational Standards so you can be sure that what you are learning is relevant to the workplace.
You will plan a programme of study around your other life commitments. Distance learning material can be studied at any time and in any location where you can access a PC, laptop or tablet and broadband.
You should aim to complete your course in 6 months although it may be possible to achieve this earlier if you have more time to spend on study.
This qualification aims to develop your knowledge and understanding of:
- Various common health conditions
- Monitoring the health of individuals affected by health conditions
The purpose of this qualification is to give those currently working in or intending to work in, Adult Health and Social Care an awareness of a range of common health conditions. You may then progress to additional qualifications to gain a more in-depth understanding of specific health conditions.
This course is split into manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand how to contribute to monitoring the health of individuals affected by health conditions. Discover how to monitor the health of individuals affected by health conditions. including observation, recording and reporting. Develop your knowledge of the responses needed when there are changes to an individual's condition
- Unit 2: Understand cardiovascular disease. Gain an understanding of the cardiovascular system and the different forms of cardiovascular disease, including their signs, symptoms, causes and risk factors. This unit will also highlight the effects on an individual's daily life as well as the treatment and management options available
- Unit 3: Stroke awareness. Discover different types of stroke and their signs, symptoms and effect on the individual. Develop your knowledge of the response required in the event of an emergency and the support that is available following a stroke
- Unit 4: Arthritis awareness. Develop an understanding of the different types of arthritis including their causes, signs and symptoms. Expand your knowledge of the diagnosis and treatment options, support systems and management of arthritis
- Unit 5: Understand physical disability. Discover the different forms of physical disability, their potential causes and the impact physical disability can have. Identify how to provide support to individuals with physical disabilities, help them to manage their disability and maintain their independence
- Unit 6: Parkinson's disease awareness. Develop an understanding of Parkinson's disease and its underlying causes. Discover the signs and symptoms of the condition and its impact. Identify the treatment options, support services and strategies available for managing the condition
You should not underestimate the time commitment required to complete a distance learning qualification at Level 2. Your tutor will also support you to improve your English skills alongside your learning of your vocational subject. This will include assessing your current skills from the work you produce and providing additional learning activities related to your subject that are designed to develop your skills in these areas.
This is a vocational course leading to a qualification and the cost of it is subsidised by public funding. You will be required to complete all of the necessary coursework/assignments or exams by the given deadlines. Please note: if you do not successfully complete the course within the required timescale, you will not be able to repeat it at the subsidised fee.
For further information on the syllabus for this course please go to https://www.qualhub.co.uk/qualification-search/qualification-detail/level-2-certificate-in-common-health-conditions-542