During this friendly and informal course you will receive both group and individual support in order to help you learn more about starting to develop, construct and write an engaging short screenplay
Topics that may be covered include:
- Fun and practical in-class writing exercises in groups and solo
- Understanding the unique features of screenwriting and comparisons with other formats
- The importance of creating and developing a concept for your original screenplay
- How to create profiles for your major characters and develop story arcs for them
- Reviewing, editing and improving your own writing
- Develop Structure and Pacing that works
- Discuss the works of great screenwriters
All our courses are made up of elements of speaking & listening, reading and writing, and you will work using these elements throughout the course.
Some of the skills you gain on this course could help increase your opportunities for employment or working within the community. Learning takes place in a friendly classroom setting, which is a great place for social interaction and helping you meet new people.
Practice at home and completion of homework is advisable to enhance your learning experience.
This course is subsidised by Government funding so you should aim to attend the whole course.