During this friendly and informal course you will receive both group and individual support in order to help you learn more about starting to develop, construct and write fiction for different mediums include digital and print.
Topics that may be covered include:
- Fun and practical in-class writing exercises in groups and solo
- How to draw your reader into your fictional world, and keep them there
- Reviewing, editing and improving your own writing
- Learn how to approach building a longer short story, novella, or even a novel, with confidence
- Develop Structure and Pacing that works
- Discuss the works of great fiction writers
All our courses are made up of elements of speaking & listening, reading and writing, and you will work using these elements throughout the course.
Some of the skills you gain on this course could help increase your opportunities for employment or working within the community. Learning takes place in a friendly classroom setting, which is a great place for social interaction and helping you meet new people.
Practice at home and completion of homework is advisable to enhance your learning experience.
This course is subsidised by Government funding so you should aim to attend the whole course.