The Digital Hub uses a hybrid model of some pre-recorded material, remote delivery alongside hands on support from an on-site Learning Support Assistant who will guide you to use a computer with safety and success. You will be able to start the course on a date that suits you and work at your own pace with your own goal in mind. Tell us what you want to learn, and we will help. The Digital Hub embeds "Learn My way" material to develop your knowledge and skills when using a computer.
- Using a computer - keyboard and mouse
- Online Basics - the internet, emails and online forms
- Office programmes - creating documents, spreadsheets and presentations
- Online safety - personal data and being safe online
- Online shopping and social media
- Finding a job online - job hunting, National Careers Service website, Jobs and interviews
- Improving your Heath online - NHS website, GP services online
- Managing your money online - online and mobile banking, make money work
- Public services online - using public services, Universal Credit
Learning takes place in a friendly library or similar setting, which is a great place for social interaction and helping you meet new people.
Practice at home and completion of homework is advisable to enhance your learning experience.
This course is subsidised by Government funding so you should aim to attend the whole course.