During this course you will receive both group and individual support in order to help you build upon the knowledge gained from the Step 1 course. Topics that may be covered include:
- Exploring the fundamentals of what constitutes a well-structured writing piece in the genre of your choice.
- Learning how to create 'the hook' and how to keep the reader interested.
- Using the 'Story Mountain', 'Snowflake Method' or 'Mind Maps', to improve your ability to organise your work.
- Delving into the concept of 'Show don't Tell' and assess its effectiveness in your own writing.
- Discovering some writing techniques and devices you can introduce to enhance your work.
All our courses are made up of elements of speaking & listening, reading and writing, and you will work using these elements throughout the course.
Some of the skills you gain on this course could help increase your opportunities for employment or working within the community. Learning takes place in a friendly classroom setting, which is a great place for social interaction and helping you to meet new people.
Practice at home and completion of homework is advisable to enhance your learning experience.
This course is subsidised by Government funding so you should aim to attend the whole course.