During this course you will receive both group and individual support from an experienced tutor who will provide guidance and advice as you explore gentle movement all whilst being seated in a chair.
Most classes begin with a breathing exercise, and you will then gently stretch the body with a sequence of exercises to warm up all the joints and muscles of the body.
- Learn what your body needs and how it wants to move
- Do what feels good and rest when you need to
- Explore exercises that can improve your fitness
- Take part in gentle movement and stretching exercises
- Learn about warming/cooling your body properly to ensure you exercise safely
The classes will mainly involve staying seated and you may be invited to do a short standing practice with your chair for balance if needed. All exercises are invitational, and you will be encouraged to listen to your body and what it needs.
- Stretching improves your flexibility
- Strengthen muscles, joints and ligaments
- Improve attention and concentration
- Help with stress and reducing negative thinking
- Restoring and nourishing for body and mind
Learning takes place in a friendly classroom setting, which is a great place for social interaction and helping you meet new people.
This course is participative and includes information giving, demonstration, discussion and working together. It offers an avenue for creative pursuits and for improving your health and wellbeing.
The friendly classroom environment is a great place for social interaction and helping you meet new people.
This course is subsidised by Government funding so you should aim to attend the whole course.