Through a blend of 4 x 3 hour instructor-led live sessions and self-learning activities, this practical skills and awareness course is designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect a person’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
MHFA England training won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
All of our courses are made up of elements of speaking & listening, reading and some writing, and you will work using these elements throughout the course.
Some of the skills you gain on this course could help increase your opportunities for employment or working within the community. Learning takes place in a friendly classroom or on-line setting, which is a great place for social interaction and helping you meet new people.
Practice at home and completion of homework is essential to enhance your learning experience.