During this course you will receive both group and individual support in order to help you learn more about Textile Crafts and Embroidery Techniques.
This course will continue to give you a thorough introduction to working with?textile craft and embroidery techniques.
Topics that may be covered include:
- Contemporary machine embroidery and further machine embroidery techniques, looking at the work of machine embroidery designers
- Advanced hand embroidery and beading techniques
- Producing 3D raised surfaces and texture in your work
- Screen printing with multiple colours and some dyeing techniques
- Developing a range of design ideas and?producing a sketchbook of ideas
- Research into current trends for textiles, looking at how industry uses textiles and the work of some textile artists
- Exploring the use of different fabrics in embroidery and how to combine multiple fabrics together
- Considering the use of textile design in fashion ad interiors and designing a product for one of these areas
- Looking at how embroidery is produced through workshops abroad
There will be an opportunity to apply your skills by planning a larger piece of work and develop ideas and samples that you want to use on the final piece.
This course can help you to cut your costs and by recycling and renewing, make the most of your existing wardrobe and furnishings, contributing to a greener environment and helping you financially.
All our courses are made up of elements of speaking & listening, reading and writing, and you will work using these elements throughout the course.
Some of the skills you gain on this course could help increase your opportunities for employment or working within the community. Learning takes place in a friendly classroom setting, which is a great place for social interaction and helping you meet new people.
Practice at home and completion of homework is advisable to enhance your learning experience.
This course is subsidised by Government funding so you should aim to attend the whole course.