This qualification is designed to increase your knowledge and understanding of mental health and mental well-being. Successful completion of the required units will allow you to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of mental health. It will also support progression into relevant employment within the health and social care sector. This qualification will focus on the study of mental health and mental well-being to support different occupational areas, and offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge and understanding.
The objectives of this qualification are to help you to understand
- Mental health legislation, services and public attitudes and how these have evolved
- How to support mental well-being through various stages of life
- Mental ill-health, treatment options available and the potential consequences of mental ill-health
- The skills required to work in a mental health service
This is a distance learning qualification course where you will use an e-learning package and complete assessment activity electronically. You will be supported by a tutor who will provide feedback (electronically) on your progress and will suggest other learning activities to help you develop the knowledge and understanding you require to successfully complete the qualification.
Qualification content This qualification consists of 5 mandatory units and you will study learning material, complete activities, and submit assessment questions for marking, for all of these units;
- Understanding the Context of Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Promotion of Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Mental Health Problems: associated issues and consequences
- Understanding Mental Ill Health
- Working in Mental Health
You should not underestimate the time commitment required to complete a distance learning qualification at Level 3. Your tutor will also support you to improve your English skills alongside your learning of your vocational subject. Please note: if you do not successfully complete the course within the required timescale, you will not be able to repeat it at the subsidised fee.