Select Page

COVID-19 Support


If you need to access support during the COVID-19 outbreak, like accessing food or universal credit, then you will find a range of support options here for you. Alternatively you can access the ‘Our Dorset’ practical support sheet here.

 If you need help or advice regarding Domestic Abuse please visit our webpage here.


I'm a Dorset Resident

If you are a Dorset resident and need support, or can offer support, visit the ‘Dorset Community Response’ page for more information

I'm a BCP Resident

If you are a BCP (Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole) resident and need support, or can offer support, visit the ‘BCP Together We Can’ page for more information

I Need A Food Bank

Anyone needing help and support with food should search for their local food bank.

You may also be able to access Healthy Start vouchers, which are for eligible families with young children – go to or call 0345 607 6823.
Eligible children may also be able to access free school meals  – find out more from BCP Council (01202 634250) or Dorset Council (01305 221090)

I Need Financial Support

Citizens Advice Bureau are continuing to provide free, independent and confidential advice  whatever your question. They offer help with: benefits entitlement and claims, debt management and budgeting, employment advice including Statutory Sick Pay and rights when laid off work & Advice for the self-employed. Call the Dorset Advice line on 0344 411 1444 or visit their website.

I Live Alone and Need Help

For people who do not have a support network that can help them, and are ‘shielding’ you can access the Dorset Council dedicated help line on: 01305 221000 – open 8am – 8pm 7 days a week. Or email:

Age UK NS&W Dorset are coordinating requests for help with issues relating to loneliness, isolation, accessing items such as food, cash or medication. To request help, email: or call 01305 269444.

Council Tax Support

If you are having financial worries you can contact your Local Council for support during the Coronavirus with payments such as council tax. If you live in the BCP Council area you can click here and if you live in the Dorset Council area then please click here for more information. 

Digital Skills Support

The Dorset Digital Hotline offers support with digital skills. From accessing home schooling websites to your GP online. 

Alternativley if you live in Bournemouth, Poole or Christchurch area the Bourne Digital project can support you with improving your digital skills here.

Easy Read Access

If you, or someone you know, requires access to easy read copies or a sign lanaguge transaltion of the Government guidane around Coronavirus you can download a variety of options from the BCP Council website.