2021 Early Bird Discount – Terms & Conditions
To ensure that the Government funding Skills & Learning receive is subsidising learning for those who are most disadvantaged in our community we’ve changed our pricing. We continue to offer some fully-funded courses to those people facing significant challenges, whilst others will pay a little more.
This also means that we have a broader range of courses on offer which benefit from our half-price concessionary scheme which is available to anyone who meets the following criteria:
Tax credits (Working Tax Credits combined with Child Tax Credits, Child Tax Credits only or Working Tax Credits combined with disability element). Household gross annual income from your current award letter should be £16,385 or less. Use your most recent award letter – if this is for the current financial year, your income will be estimated and will be accepted.
- Housing or Council Tax Support
- Income Support or Guarantee Pension Credit (not savings credit)
- Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- Universal Credit
- Job Seekers Allowance (contribution based)
- NHS HC2 Certificate
- Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Incapacity Benefit – Higher or Long-Term Rate
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Benefit
- Carer’s Allowance
- War Disablement Pension
- Social Services Cardholders
- Voluntary and Community Sector/Not for profit Volunteer
- Social Prescription (NHS)
- Registered Disabled
- Have an Access to Leisure and Learning Card
- Diagnosed Learning difficulty/disability
We are also pleased to introduce our new ‘Early Bird Discount Scheme’ – this means anyone paying £50+ and enrolling on a leisure course before 31st July will receive a 10% discount on their chosen course and there’s no limit to the number of courses you can enrol onto early!
Terms & Conditions:
- This offer applies to “Learning for Leisure” courses – course codes begin with a letter ‘P’. See pages 4 to 13 in the Autumn 2021-22 Course Guide.
- Applies to enrolments made on or before 31st July 2021 for courses starting in the 2021-2022 academic year. You must phone to enrol in order for the discount to be applied, any other method of enrolment will not apply the 10% discount.
- Each course enrolled onto must cost at least £50 to be eligible for the 10% discount i.e. two courses costing £26 each do not qualify for the discount.
- There is no limit to the number of courses which can be enrolled upon.
- The discount can be applied to instalment plans, however, you must have enrolled on or before 31st July for the discount to apply to the payment plan.
- The discount applies to Full Fee and Concessionary Fees (CF) where the above conditions are met.
- If you transfer to a course where the Early Bird Discount offer is not applicable, the discount will be removed, and you will be liable to pay the fee that would otherwise be payable.
- Skills & Learning reserves the right to withdraw the scheme at any point.
- The discount cannot be used on other courses/cannot be combined with any other offer/there is no cash alternative.
- This offer can only be used on courses directly delivered by Skills & Learning.
- We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time if we are oversubscribed.
- The offer dates will be strictly adhered to and we cannot be held responsible for technical, IT or banking failures that prevent enrolment by the given date.
Information correct at time of publication: May 2021