Skills & Learning offers a wide selection of Family Learning courses across Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole and Dorset. These courses are designed to help the wellbeing and development of families and their children from Early Years Foundation stage right through to Key Stage 3.
Family Learning benefits the whole family with many Children Centres and schools reporting improvements in children’s learning when families have attended.
Some courses are designed to support adults learning together with their children whilst others focus on parents and carers. Achievement by parents and carers often has the effect of raising aspirations across the whole family. Parents can progress to further training and employment, higher education and career development. To enrol on these courses you must be the parent, grandparent or primary carer of a child under the age of 16 years.
Our courses include but are not limited to:
- Understanding and Managing Autism
- Family Cooking
- Exploring Mindfulness
- A variety of short workshops that celebrate different cultures and festivals.
If you are an organisation that works with parents, grandparents or carers that would like a bespoke course, please contact our Customer Service Team here.
This is an approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking.
- STEAM is an integrated approach to learning which requires an intentional connection between standards, assessments and lesson design/implementation
- True STEAM experiences involve two or more standards from Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and the Arts to be taught AND assessed in and through each other
- Inquiry, collaboration, and an emphasis on process-based learning are at the heart of the STEAM approach
- Utilizing and leveraging the integrity of the arts themselves is essential to an authentic STEAM initiative
You can find out more about STEAM by visiting their website here.
We also offer a range of courses designed to support English, Maths and employability skills.
If you would like to know about the courses running in your area or if you would like to enquire about running a Family Learning course at your own venue please contact our Customer Services team on 01202 123444 .
Want to enrol?
To enrol on our Family Learning courses please view our courses by clicking enrol now below.