Your Next Steps
As part of our commitment to every learner, Skills & Learning offer a high quality, impartial, relevant and current Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance Service.
For a free, tailored one to one telephone advice and guidance appointment on courses, next steps, returning to work or further education please contact Ansbury on 01202 677557 or visit their website here. We also have lots of information at the bottom of this page which you may find useful for your own research purposes.
The Your Next Steps Service offers every learner tailored advice sessions throughout their learning journey. This ensures that:
1. Advice is given at the right time
2. Advice offers current and relevant information
3. Skills and Learning staff are always updating their information
To offer learners the best advice on real opportunities we work with local employers and partners to provide:
The Your Next Steps team will give each learner the chance to meet at the beginning, middle and end of their course to create a relevant Next Steps plan to enable the learner to
Set their own realistic goals and progression path
Develop a specific learner journey to meet their own needs
Take into consideration any special requirements and gain additional support if required
We also signpost learners to local careers events opening up the opportunity to meet with local employers.
We work in partnership with Ansbury and each learner is given the choice of an advice session with an Ansbury advisor or one of our own internal Next Steps team.
As part of the Your Next Steps process we will ask learners for feedback on the advice service they have received. This helps us to improve our service and give future learners the best possible outcomes.
Information gathered in Your Next Steps meetings will be shared with appropriate staff or partners, only with the permission of the individual and in accordance with BCP Council General Data Protection Regulation policy. Meeting notes may be kept for up to 3 years by Skills & Learning or longer as stipulated by the Funding Agency.
Feedback about the Your Next Steps Service, including complaints, should be addressed to the Feedback Officer at email@example.com or via the feedback page on the BCP Council website.
Should you wish to book a one to one advice session please contact our friendly Customer Service Team:
We offer information on:
Learning With Us
- Learning opportunities to suit you
- English and Maths support and qualifications
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- Business and qualification training opportunities
- Pathways to work, CV’s & job searching
- Fee reductions and support with travel, materials and childcare
- 16 – 19 Bursaries and Advanced Learning Loans
- On-course support
- How you can get more detailed learning and careers advice and guidance.
- Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning – Other Local Colleges:
Learning – Local Universities:
To find out about local Higher Education providers & the OU click on the links below:
Learning – Finance:
Learning – Apprenticeships:
Apprenticeships combine practical training in a paid job with study, and are offered at a number of levels from Intermediate (Level 2) to Degree (Level 6). To find out more about Apprenticeships click here.
Work – Job Clubs:
Skills & Learning is the largest provider of quality Job Clubs and Employment and Learning Hubs in the county and we are proud to support many people with their pre-employment needs at locations throughout Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole. You will find a warm welcome at our friendly and relaxed job clubs. Whether you have been mandated to attend or just want to pop in to update your CV, come along, you do not need to enrol. Our drop in clubs will support your job search activities & help you to develop your computer skills.
To access our online Job Club please click here.
To find your nearest Job Club or Employment and Learning Hub click here.
To look for jobs, or to upload your CV for Job Centre Plus, log into Universal Job Match
Work – Volunteering:
Work – Job Searching:
Click on the links below for some of the main job websites:
Careers – Information, advice and guidance:
- We work in partnership with Ansbury Guidance, a National Careers Advice provider
- Ansbury advisers visit our centres on a regular basis & you can make an appointment by calling Customer Services on 01202 123444 | or call Ansbury direct on 01202 677557
- You can also get information, advice and guidance about careers by going to: The National Careers Service website or calling 0800 100900
- Get help with writing your CV & research hundreds of jobs descriptions
- Get information, advice and guidance about training and learning.
Do you already have an idea about the type of career or sector you would like to work in? Would you like to find out more about the skills, experience and qualifications that you need to succeed? Take a look at some job profiles here:
We recommend that you also book an appointment with a Careers or Learning Adviser.
Teaching and Childcare
To find out about careers in Teaching and Childcare click on the links below:
Emergency Services - Police, Fire, Ambulance
To find out about careers in the Emergency Services click on the links below:
To find out about careers in the NHS click on the links below:
To find out about careers in the Armed Forces click on the links below:
To find out about careers in Construction click on the links below:
To find out about careers in Hospitality click on the links below: