Online Learning Resources
Here at Skills & Learning we know that learning something new, no matter how big or small it may be, helps to keep us well. It is important to keep the mind active, however, we know how we learn has changed drastically this year. Here you will find lots of different options to keep learning whether that’s using our free online resources, accessing an online course with us or accessing other resources from other providers.
Free YouTube Tutorials
We have lots of free online tutorials available on our YouTube channel! From learning how to paint to arts and crafts activites for the whole family, Tai Chi and beauty, there is something for everyone.
Just because face-to-face learning can’t currently take place it doesn’t mean we have stopped teaching! We have a range of courses that are fully online and accessible from home, why not take a look!
The NHS has an online guide on how you can get active and look after your mental health, including how to do this from home. There are a variety of free and paid resources, links and tips to help get you more active.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m a furloughed worker, can I still enrol on a course?
Yes, furloughed workers are able to undertake training and studying during this time. We have a range of online Level 1 and Level 2 courses you can access from home to help gain a skill in your current industry or a new skill in others. To take a look at our full range please click here.
I’m unemployed, what courses can help me?
Please contact our Customer Service Team who can arrange a free 1:1 Job Club appoinment where you can access unemployment support. Alternativley you can contact Ansbury’s for a impartial information, advice and guidance session here.
Other Activities You Can Get Involved With
Here you will find a range of links to other activities you can get involved with from your own home:
1) Nature live cam is now available thanks to the Hengistbury Head Visitor Centre. You can view it here
2) Recreate a masterpiece in your living room with Russell-Cotes here
3) Making food last for longer can help social distancing and help household finances go that little bit further. For tips visit the Love Food Hate Waste website.
4) The Sofa Singers brings together hundreds of people for 45 minutes of simultaneous singing, learning a classic song with some optional harmonies/backing parts. Find out more here.
5) Stour Valley Nature – Join in with their daily wildlife challenges and nature quizzes here
6) BCHA have a variety of wellbeing volgs on their YouTube page, take a look here
7) Relax with new online wellbeing experience! Dorset Mind is bringing some of our favourite parts of Dorset into your home. Give yourself a few moments to relax with a new online experience. Simply choose a view, the sounds you’d like to hear and enjoy relaxing mindful techniques that will help you escape to your favourite part of the county.