Our dealings with you will be characterised by:
- Friendly, courteous and efficient service
- Efficient processing of enrolments and refunds
- General advice on suitability of courses
- Telephones being answered confidently and efficiently
- Every effort being made to answer queries or refer them on to the appropriate department
Skills & Learning Comments, Compliments and Complaints Process
We are always striving to improve our services. If you have a comment, compliment or complaint let us know. Any comment, good or bad, helps us to understand what people do and don’t like about our services and how we can make them better in the future.
Comments and suggestions
If you have comments or suggestions about how our services could be improved, we would like to hear them and will always acknowledge and pass them to the relevant team.
Our staff welcome compliments and we appreciate being told when we are doing things right. We will acknowledge any compliments and make sure they are passed to the relevant people
A complaint is a way to tell us you are not happy with some aspect of our service. Skills & Learning is a service unit of BCP Council and we follow the BCP Council Complaints Guidance. See complaints guidance below.
Listening to Learners
Your voice matters to us.
There are many ways you can give your feedback about your course and learning with us and help improve the learning opportunities we provide.
- Your course tutor
You can provide feedback directly to your course tutor or another member of staff. Your tutor and our staff are also in a good position to explain things you may not fully understand about our services and what we do
- Learner Governors
We have 3 Learner Governors on our governing board – these are either current or previous learners and their role is to ensure that the learner voice is represented in our decision making. Details of our governing board can be found on our website.
- Course surveys
By completing our course surveys, you can help us improve our courses, facilities and our learning environment.
- Join the Learner Forum
The Learner Forum meets five times each year. It gives learners a real voice for change in policy developments and achieving improvements to our courses and facilities.
If you would like to join, contact 01202 123444 for an application form.
We are listening; your views are important to us.
If you have a compliment, complaint or suggestion please contact Skills & Learning ACE, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the BCP Council website: Feedback and complaints (bcpcouncil.gov.uk)
In the first instance, please contact us directly about what you want to complain about. We may be able to resolve your concern quickly and avoid you having to go through the formal complaints process. It is helpful if you explain why you are unhappy and what you think should be done to resolve the problem. We’ll investigate and try to put things right where we can.
How we deal with complaints
- let you know we have received your complaint within 3 working days
- let you know who will handle your complaint
- make sure we understand what your complaint is about
- find out what you want to happen to put things right
- investigate and respond to you within 20 working days
- let you know if we need more time to investigate your complaint and when we hope to provide a final response
- apologise if we find we have failed to provide the level of service you should expect and look to put things right
- welcome your view of what needs to be done to resolve any problem
- arrange for a review of your complaint if you remain unhappy and aim to respond to you within 15 working days
Generally we do not investigate complaints about something you knew about more than 12 months before contacting us for the first time.
Skills & Learning has identified officers with responsibility for investigating and resolving complaints in our service area.
BCP Council has agreed a two stage corporate complaint investigation process for investigating corporate complaints, managed within the service unit.
Stage 1 – complaints to be acknowledged within 3 working days and concluded within 20
Stage 2 – complaints to be acknowledged within 3 working days and concluded within 15.
If things are still not right
You can refer your complaint to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman who will carry out an independent review.
Please note the LGSCO will not normally accept a complaint which has not been considered under the Council’s complaint process first.
To make a complaint to the Ombudsman:
Go to www.lgo.org.uk
Call 0300 061 0614
Text phone users using Next Generation Text can text call back to 0762 481 1595.