Project and Partnership Fund
Skills & Learning works with partners to deliver learning to people and groups, aged 19+, who do not normally access mainstream courses. The Project and Partnership Fund is open to bids from Third Sector and community organisations that are able to provide innovative learning opportunities for adults from priority groups and those from areas of deprivation as measured in the government deprivation indices.
The Project and Partnership Fund will reopen for bids in the spring of 2022
The aims of the Project and Partnership Fund are:
- To deliver high quality teaching and learning to meet individual community needs.
- To encourage those who would not normally see themselves as learners to access learning, increase their self esteem and confidence and develop their life and work skills.
- To offer pre-employment support and training to prepare adults for employment.
- To offer those with special needs and without formal qualifications a bridge back into learning.
- To offer a clear progression route through learning which will attract and interest the participants into further learning.
- To provide Family Learning which results in multiple benefits for adults and children, especially for families who are the most disadvantaged and excluded from society.
- To offer innovative learning opportunities that will engage those who do not see the benefit of learning.
The following projects were awarded funding for 2020/21:
To support parents to engage more effectively with their children and create an environment where all feel valued and listened to.
The aim of the project is to deliver free domestic abuse courses in the local community. The courses empower clients who have experienced abusive relationships, with lifelong skills, tools and techniques to effectively make healthy choices for themselves and their children.
The aim of the project is to work with adults who are vulnerable and/or living in significant disadvantage, in order to increase their psychological and physical wellbeing. The principal focus should be on healthy eating and cookery.
We are so proud that we get the opportunity to work with other organisations to offer life changing learning to the wider community. Some of our projects have been recognised for their commitment to learning by the 2021 Festival of Learning.